Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My mother

My mother became very sick and ended up in the emergency room. The next morning I was on a plane to Utah to be with her. After several tests were done the diagnosis was that she had cancer. I remember the horrible feeling that came over me when the doctor came in and told us of the test results. My mother, cancer? How can that be? She is healthier than most women half her age. Two days later she had surgery to remove the cancer from her body. Many prayers were said and we were hopeful that she would come out of this okay.

The doctor was able to remove all the cancer from her body and she began to heal at a rapid pace. You are an inspiration to me mom and so many others.



My mom is in the hospital bed but my sweet sister Patricia was giving me a leg massage.
( Don't worry mom, I'm purposely not revealing you while you were sick)




Felon's.... "Did the nurse see you take those?"
My beautiful sister Patricia and my brother Philip and his little girl, Kastle. So cute!!


" Curtis, seriously could you please be more alert for the picture."

Gosh, I really love my family. It was nice to see everyone.I thoroughly enjoyed being there.



My father was having the hardest time while my mother was sick. I don't think I've ever seen him so stressed and worried. In times like these you can see the real love he has for her....




My mother out hiking 6 weeks after surgery and looking better than ever.



That was a very worry some time, the week
I spent in Utah. I love my mother so much and wouldn't know what to do without her. There is no doubt in my mind that if we chose our parents in heaven then I picked the ones I have.....